Recently we worked on the Five-Story Pagoda from Microace. We don’t sell any Microace kits in the shop (sorry to disappoint), but it so nice that we had to show it off here.
This 1/250 kit consists of all you need to make your own mini Japanese garden. It comes with plastic sprues for the garden structures and seeds to grow the plants in the garden. In our built we decided against planting the seeds because keeping things alive, in general, isn’t one of our forte.
1) Included in the kit are: a base to hold the scenery, a pagoda, a bridge, the entrance and surrounding walls, and seeds.
2) We completed the main model as per the instructions. Instead of planting seeds in the area under bridge we decided to model a river.
3) To start off, we covered the river base with texture paint.
4) Next, we painted over the texture paint to create a realistic riverbed.
5) The riverbed was sealed with a layer of varnish then rocks and grass were added to the riverbank.
6) An even layer of Javis Simulated Water was poured onto the base and left to dry.
7) Here is the finished model.