Our latest completed model is the Greek Hoplite – a common citizen-soldiers that can quickly take up arms to go to war. They are typically armed with a spear, shield, and sword.
1) Included in the kit are the sprues for the 1:16 figure, armour, weapons, decals and a base.
2) Here is the partially assembled model ready for priming.
3) The skirt was shaded with three colours, here is the finished outcome that we are particularly proud of.
4) This model came with some decals for the shield, but some details on the artwork are missing. For example the edge of the shield had to be drawn on and painted by hand.
5) Once all the parts were painted, they were varnished with a wash. Various shades were applied, for example, a flesh tone was applied to the skin and a purple/blue tone to the armour.
6) Another detail that was not included were the ropes inside the shield, lining the spear, and attached to the sword. To make the rope, we plaited together three threads (to add thickness) and glued onto the various parts using superglue.
7) Finally, we stuck the figure on to the base and added vegetation.
8) Here is our finished model: