In our latest project, we tried out an ‘easy-click system’ model by Revell. This box set contains everything you need to build a glow in the dark Ghost Ship.
1) Included in the kit are coloured plastic sprues, stickers, paint brush, and a bottle of glow in the dark solution.
2) This is a snap kit, which means the parts are simply pushed together and no glue is required.
3) This is what the complete model looks like:
4) The glow in the dark solution could be painted directly on the coloured plastic, but we decided to add some colour to the ship.
5) The model was covered with several layers of the glow in the dark solution. The solution is a bit thick like PVA glue, you will need to thin it with water and blotted onto the model. Once it is dried you can’t see it.
5) If you are wondering what it looks like in the dark, we are saddened to report that we have tried but failed to get a good photo. The solution gives off very little light, which our camera was unable to capture: