That’s right – we have been painting dinosaurs! And as if a 1/35 Brachiosaurus isn’t big enough; we painted an entire shop window to house it. Meet Bertie, our new mascot!
In anticipation of our re-opening, we have restocked on some modelling essentials! New to our collection are the long-awaited Army Painter Wet Palette and Airbrush Medium. We have also stocked up on primers to help you get your modelling project off the ground.
Space Craft’s Opening Time has changed. We are now open on Wednesday and Saturday 10am-4pm.
To protect the wellbeing of our staff and customers, we will be implementing new health and safety measures. These include:
- Limiting the number of customers in the shop to 2 at a time
- Providing hand sanitiser at the entrance
- To reduce contact, we ask customers to pay by card where possible
- Please be aware it is compulsory to wear a face covering in shops in Scotland
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you at the shop.
From all at Space Craft
We started this project towards the end of 2018. And yes, it has taken us over a year to finish!
“Well, what took you so long?” we hear an intrigued reader asks. We’re not sure either, but you see Rome wasn’t built in a day.
“Of course not! But you’re not building Rome, are you?” You must be the smartest person we’ve spoken with today because, yes, we have been building Rome!
In the search for a quick and simple project, we set our sights on EM-4 Miniatures’ Universal Spacecraft.
- This kit comes with 12 spaceships, each with its own unique design.
2) For our project, we split the spaceships into six groups. Each group was painted with its own colour scheme.
3) Once painted, the models were vanished with a layer of dark wash to enhance the details of the ships.